Friday, February 18, 2005

Christmas Eve Celebrations

Shiran picked me up at Vancouver International airport, where there was a bit of a problem locating each other even though I passed by the place she was standing. We stepped out of the airport and to my dismay, it was drizzling! Argh.

Managed to make it all the way to her place at Seymour, shivering in my 2 layers of turtleneck and down jacket. Took a nap, during which I had a nightmare where I was trying to escape from someone by opening a door in Shiran's wall to go next door to Shiran's neighbour.

And surprise surprise! That was how we went to dinner!

Actually, not really. We went through the laundry area to open the door to a whole separate apartment (So Alice-in-Wonderland!) where her friends awaited.

Host -> Jacqueline from Malaysia
Host's bf -> Javier from Venezuela
Host's bf's cousin -> Arnaldo from Venezuela
Host's bf's cousin's gf -> Annaliese from Venezuela
Host's bf's classmate -> Wakaro from Japan

Had some wine, had some rum with coke, had some salsa the Cuban way! When I danced with Arnaldo, he apologised rather sweetly with "Sorry, I don't know steps", then proceeded to sway and twirl me round and round.

The 3 of them, Javier, Arnaldo and Annaliese, were just bobbing to salsa music the whole dinner. The computer played salsa and merengue songs and they just sang along. They seemed to prefer merengue though. Not my cuppa tea.

When they moved on to drinking games, I quickly excused myself for a shower and went to bed about midnight, being intermittently awoken by Shiran going in and out of the room (on her way to puking in the toilet, apparently).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home